Congress slams panel report
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
25th November 2012 09:55 AM
The Congress has slammed senior BJP leader and Rajya Sabha member Venkaiah Naidu’s report that opposes the tabling of the draft Bill for the amendment of the Article 371(J) of the Constitution in the current session of the Parliament.
Former minister and Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) general secretary Basavaraj Raya Reddy charged that by refusing to confirm the Draft Amendment Bill, the BJP leader who is also the Standing Committee Chairman on Home Affairs has sabotaged the interests of the people of H-K region.
According to him, the BJP is trying to politicise the issue of conferring special status to the H-K region. He warned that people of H-K region would revolt against the BJP for opposing the Bill.
“Venkaiah Naidu had succumbed to the pressure of the state BJP leaders who were opposed to give special status to the H-K region,” he said.
The Congress-led UPA government at the Centre had prepared the Draft invoking special features incorporated in the Telangana bill for the overall development of the H-K region, Reddy added.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year