Government to spend 1.5 crore per day for session
By Rajan Samuel Hirekop - BELGAUM
25th November 2012 11:06 AM
All necessary preparations are on to hold the first Legislature session in the newly-constructed Suvarna Vidhana Soudha here. The session is going to be held from for 10 days from December 5.
The district administration is engaged in arranging lodging, food and transportation for the Chief Minister, Deputy Chief Ministers, ministers, MLAs and MLCs, Assembly Speaker, Council chairman and senior officials.
The government would have to spend Rs 1.5 crore everyday. In contrast, the cost is just Rs 50 lakh a day in Bangalore. The transportation and accommodation charges of elected representatives and officials make up 60 per cent of the cost. Installing technical equipment and shifting documents from Bangalore would also cost more for the government.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Lingerie mannequins face moral police wrath
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Super Kings hope to ride Mumbai's hit wave
- 6,000 ducks die of plague in Thrissur
- India, China focus on civil nuke cooperation
- IPL spot-fixing: Cops probing Bollywood, Tollywood links
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Rs 20 Lakhs seized from Ajit Chandila's cricket kit
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas