No MLA, MP will leave BJP: KS Eshwarappa
By Express News Service - BELLARY
20th November 2012 11:24 AM
Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa said here on Monday that appropriate action would be initiated at the appropriate time against those involved in anti-BJP activities.
Denying claims by “a BJP leader” that he has the support of 70 MLAs, Eshwarappa said all BJP MLAs and MPs will remain with the party. However, Eshwarappa did not name the leader.
The Deputy CM said he hoped that the party would win the upcoming election.
Only three to four MLAs, including H Halappa and Suresh Gowda, are claiming in media that they have given their resignation but in reality they have not submitted their resignation, he added.
He also said that BJP is not bothered about MLAs and MPs who have identified themselves with the newly floated BSR Congress by Bellary rural independent MLA B Sriramulu.
Earlier, during his brief stopover in Chitradurga he said, “It is not right on the part of the former CM to talk insensibly. He should understand his position and address the public.” He said that Advani is the tallest leader in the party and is even respected by the opposition for his statesmanship. “But our own party leader B S Yeddyurappa criticised him which is really hurtful,” he added.
‘No Problem If BSY Exits’
To a question on what the state of BJP will be if Yeddyurappa exits, he said, “The party will never face any problem. People will elect the BJP in the next general elections. We tried to retain him in the party but he is adamant.” He rejected the recent chaos during Dharmendra Pradhan’s programme and blamed the media for hyping the news.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham