Four killed in separate accidents in Hassan
By Express News Service - HASSAN
14th November 2012 10:13 AM
Four people, including two police constables, died and four others were injured in two road accidents in the district on Sunday.
In the first accident, police constables Ashok (28), Mahadevappa (45) and Varshita of Bangalore died when their car overturned near Kattigehalli in the wee hours of Sunday. They were on their way to T Dasanapura village to attend a wedding. The injured have been admitted to a government hospital in Channarayapatna.
In the second mishap, Kumar (25) of Doddakadanur, was killed when a speeding car hit him while he was crossing the road near Doddakadanur.
A mob and Kumar’s kin staged a rasta roko in Doddakadanur and set tyres on fire. Traffic was disrupted for almost half-an-hour.
It was a while before local police could pacify the agitators.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today