Yeddyurappa woos Banjara community
By Express News Service - SHIMOGA
06th November 2012 11:40 AM
“I will reserve Rs 1,000 crore for the all-round development of the Banjara community if I get another chance to serve as CM,” said B S Yeddyurappa after inaugurating the Banjara Bhavan constructed by the Department of Social Welfare and Zilla Panchayat at a cost of Rs 1 crore in Shikaripura town on Monday.
Yeddyurappa said it took several decades to ensure the welfare of the Banjara community which was deprived of education. “No government in the past paid attention to the development of the community whose population is about 35 lakh in the state. Banjara bhavan constructions are underway in both Shimoga and Bangalore at a cost of `2 crore and `5 crore respectively,” he said.
Seer Sevalal Sardar of Banjara Gurupeetha of Chitradurga lauded the contribution of Yeddyurappa. “The Banjara community will extend its fullest support to Yeddyurappa,” the seer said and hoped that the former CM would emerge victorious in his endeavour.
Sevalal Sardar gave a call to the community to keep a photograph of Yeddyurappa along with that of Seer Sevalal and Mahatma Gandhi in their homes.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS