‘BSY got more than what he gave BJP’
By Express News Service - MADIKERI
31st October 2012 09:56 AM
Considering the contributions of former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa, the BJP extended him all sorts of power as compared to others, said former chief minister D V Sadananda Gowda.
He told reporters at Dubaare Elephant Camp on Tuesday that nobody questions the contributions and hard work of Yeddyurappa for the party. “At the same time, along with him, hundreds of leaders and workers too worked hard to bring the party to power, but Yeddyurappa enjoyed more benefits than others in the party,” he added. The recent statements and attitude of Yeddyurppa has hurt party leaders, Gowda added.
He felt that if Yeddyurappa gets support from ‘his’ MLAs, he would launch the new party, but so far no one is willing to go with him. Hence, he has postponed the date of announcement, Gowda said. He said many leaders, including Kalyan Singh, Uma Bharti and Jaswant Singh had left the BJP, but it had no impact on the party, likewise Yeddyurappa’s leaving will also make no dent in the party.
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha