Drop Katti from cabinet, says Papu
By Express News Service - DAVANGERE
26th October 2012 12:02 PM
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar should drop Agriculture Minister Umesh Katti from the Cabinet for his irresponsible statement on separate statehood for North Karnataka, said writer and veteran journalist Patil Puttappa.
He told reporters here on Thursday that Katti lacks knowledge on the history of Karnataka unification. He doesn’t know how many people sacrificed their lives for the movement, he said.
“Kannada flag with yellow and red colour is not our flag. This flag is meaningless. If we want a separate flag for the state, let the government hold talks with various organisations and leaders from all walks of life in this regard,” Puttappa said.
The present Nadageethe was not correct as it has no mention of Mahatma Gandhi, Kadamba and Rashtrakoota, he added.
The state government owes an explanation to the people on the construction of the Suvarna Vidhan Soudha in Belgaum. “What is the purpose behind the construction and how will the building be used?” Puttappa asked.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner