Sangeetha Nruthya Awards on October 24
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
12th October 2012 10:40 AM
Karnataka Sangeetha Nruthya Academy has chosen four artistes for its honorary awards and 32 artistes for its annual awards for the year 2011-12 and 2012-13.
Announcing this here on Thursday, Academy chairperson Vaijayanthi Kashi said, “All former chairpersons and members of Nruthya Academy were asked to suggest names for the award. The list of awardees was finalised only after discussion.”
While Lalith J Rao, Bangalore and M L Channakeshava Shastry from Shimoga are selected for honorary awards for 2011-12; B V Narayana Ithal, Udupi and Kamala Rajiv Purandare, Hubli have been selected for honorary awards for the year 2012-13.
Those selected for annual awards 2011-12 are: G S Kamala and G S Rajalakshmi, Mysore (vocal); S Shanthalakshmi Nagendranath, Hassan (vocal); Dr Suma Sudhindra, Bangalore (veena);C Chaluvaraj, Mandya (mrudanga) under Carnatic music category.
H R Badiger, Bagalkot (vocal); Jayashree Ramesh Patnekar, Belgaum (vocal); Khasim Sab L Jamadar, Belgaum (tabla) under Hindustani music category have been selected.
Under dance category, Vinal Prabhu, Udupi; Sujatha Rajgopal, Hubli, Nayana S More, Dharwad, Kanakaraj, Bangalore are selected.
Dr Sulabha Datta Neeralagi, Dharwad, S L Venugopal, Shimoga have been selected for Sugama Sangeeta; G R Keshava Murthy, Chikmagalur for Kathakeertana; K B Hymavathamma, Tumkur for Gamaka and Kinkani under association category. Those selected for annual awards 2012-13 are: T S Sathyavathi, Bangalore (vocal); K U Raghavendra Rao, Dakshina Kannada (flute); H K Narasimha Murthy, Bangalore (violin) under Carnatic music category.
Shyama Aloor, Bijapur (vocal); Viroopakshaswamy Gorata, Bidar (vocal); Shivanna Desai Kallur (tabla); Dr Rachaiah Hiremath, Dharwad (tabla) under Hindustani music category. Under dance category- K Chandrashekar Navada, Dakshina Kannada; Ramakrishna Bhat, Davangere, Rashmi Hegde Gopi, Bangalore and Dr S Nataraj Murthy, Bangalore have won the award.
Kikeri Krishnamurthy, Mandya; M Thotadappa Uttangi, Chitradurga have been selected for Sugama Sangeeta; Siddeshwara Shastry Telluru, Gadag for Kathakeertana; Tumkuru Sunanda, Tumkur for Gamaka and Uma Nagabhushan, Mumbai under Horanada Kalavidaru category have been selected.
While the honorary award carries a cash prize of Rs 10,000 and citation annual award carries Rs 5,000 along with a citation.
The artistes will be presented the award at a function in Ravindra Kalakshetra on October 24. CM Jagadish Shettar is expected to give away the awards.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- Organ transplant: Online network to connect donor, recipient
- 10 things to know for the French Open
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students
- Berth pangs of MLCs first test for new CM
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players