Another suspended judge granted bail
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
27th September 2012 11:55 AM
Justice Samudrala Govindarajulu of the High Court on Wednesday granted bail to another suspended judge D Prabhakar Rao, an accused in the cash-for-bail scam case involving former Karnataka minister and mining baron Gali Janardhana Reddy.
Prabhakar Rao, an officer of the district and sessions judge cadre was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on the basis of a confession made by retired judge T V Chalapathi Rao who is now under arrest. Chalapathi Rao told the ACB that Prabhakar Rao had tried to offer a bribe of `10 crore to Pattabhirama Rao for granting bail to in the Obulapuram illegal mining case.
While granting bail, the High Court judge directed Prabhakar Rao to pay `1 lakh, provide two sureties and surrender his passport to the ACB court.
Reddy’s Kin Denied Bail
Meanwhile, the Special Court for CBI cases on Thursday dismissed the bail petition filed by B V Sreenivasa Reddy, the brother-in-law of the mining baron and managing director of OMC. Another accused in the case, former mines director V D Rajagopal filed an interim bail petition seeking a five-day bail to visit a seriously-ill relative in Anantapur. The petition will be heard on Thursday.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Subramanian Swamy
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS