Transco to tap wind, solar energy to solve power crisis
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
16th September 2012 11:16 AM
All efforts are being made to provide adequate power supply by encouraging renewable sources of energy like solar and wind in the state, said AP Transco chairman-cum-managing director Hiralal Samariya.
Speaking at a function organised to commemorate the 152nd birthday of Bharat Ratna Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya here on Saturday, he said they are procuring additional power, apart from optimising generation at the AP Genco and other generating stations.
He said Visvesvaraya was well known for his sincerity, time management and dedication to the field of engineering.
He appealed to the engineers to put efforts on providing quality service to consumers.
Commissioner of the Technical Education Ajay Jain, who participated as special guest on the occasion, said the state is having the highest number of engineering colleges, and asked the government to improve education by taking firm steps.
CPDCL chairman-cummanaging director G Anantha Ramu said the hydel generation has decreased by around 50 million units, and gasbased generation decreased by around 30 million units compared to the last year.
Managing director of APGenco K Vijayanand said the APGenco is generating optimum thermal power by procuring coal from all possible sources.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs