Bear kills shepherd, injures two
By Express News Service - ANANTAPUR
16th September 2012 10:38 AM
A shepherd was killed and two others were injured badly when a bear attacked them near Devarapalle village of Kothacheruvu mandal on Saturday afternoon.
The injured shepherds were shifted to Penukonda government hospital. While one of them succumbed to injuries on his way to hospital and the remaining two were said to be battling for life.
According to information reaching here, three shepherds including Srinivasulu (35), Prasad (30) and Tirupal (32) from Munimadugu villlage of Penukonda mandal took their sheep for grazing in the forest near Devarapalle.
A bear suddenly strayed into the area where the sheep were grazing and attacked the sheep.
Their efforts to shout it away proved futile and by the time they scrambled for sticks to attack it, the three of them were injured.
On hearing the cries of the shepherds, the villagers rushed to the spot and killed the bear with sticks and stones. Police visited the spot and a case has been registered.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- DRDO chief expresses concern over FDI
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner