2 cops die in freak double accident
By Express News Service - KURNOOL
16th September 2012 10:53 AM
Three persons, including a home guard and a constable, died when a speeding van rammed into a stationary truck, which already had a collision with another RTC bus, on NH-44 near Poddili village in Pyapili mandal in the wee hours of Saturday.
According to the police, a cement-laden lorry, belonging to the Arunachala Transport Ltd, rammed into a Bengaluru-bound RTC bus which was parked beside the road due to a technical snag.
Fortunately, the passengers were sent off through another bus and it was empty. However, the truck driver was trapped in the accident.
On getting information from the villagers, police rushed to the spot and tried to remove the driver safely
Even while they were attempting to rescue the lorry driver, a van hit the lorry killing the occupant, Sreenivasulu (43), a home guard, and the bus driver Ramesh (50) on the spot.
Constable Lakshminarayana (31), who was also travelling in the van, died at the Kurnool Government General Hospital while undergoing treatment. Pyapili SI Suresh sustained injuries and his condition is said to be stable.
Meanwhile, the truck driver and the van driver fled the scene.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks