Telangana ministers to write letter to Sonia
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
13th September 2012 08:53 AM
In the wake of Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde’s statement that more time was needed for the Centre to take a final decision on the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, ministers from Telangana region have resolved to step up pressure on the Congress high command to expedite the process of formation of Telangana state.
Panchayat raj minister K Jana Reddy called on deputy chief minister Damodar Rajanarasimha in the latter’s chamber at the Secretariat here on Wednesday and held confabulations on the Telangana issue.
Later, BC welfare minister Baswaraj Saraiah met Jana Reddy in the latter’s chamber and discussed with him future course of action to mount pressure on the AICC top brass.
It is learnt that ministers from Telangana region have decided to send a letter, drafted by them recently seeking a speedy decision on Telangana, to AICC president Sonia Gandhi on Thursday.
The letter also seeks an appointment for them with her.
Interestingly, labour minister Danam Nagender and marketing minister Mukesh Goud, are believed to have refused to sign the letter to which all other ministers from the region appended their names.
“After BJP state president G Kishan Reddy’s fast in Delhi, we are facing intense pressure from our cadres to pressure our high command for an immediate decision in favour of Telangana state.
The TDP leadership is planning to send a fresh letter to the Centre, giving an undertaking that it will not be averse to statehood for for the region.
After the Telangana March on September 30, we will have to face a more difficult situation in our region.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look