Committee on priests’ salaries payment set up
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD:
18th August 2012 09:35 AM
A committee was constituted to decide payment of salaries to temple priests. Principal secretary (endowments department) Chitra Ramachandran issued orders on Friday.
The committee, under the chairmanship of endowments department commissioner, will examine the process of implementation of Section 65-A of the Endowments Act.
It will consist of an additional commissioner and two joint commissioners of the endowments department as members appointed by the commissioner. The committee has been directed to submit its report by the month-end.
Section 65-A of the Act provides for the creation of a fund for payment of salaries and other emoluments to all archakas, office holders and servants of Charitable and Hindu religious institutions and endowments
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Key relationships
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner