Tirupati: 2 more infants die at Ruia
By Express News Service - TIRUPATI
18th August 2012 09:34 AM
Two more infants died in the children's ward of SVR Ruia government general hospital, here on Friday allegedly due to doctor's negligence, taking the infant toll in the last few days to 11.
Condemning the indifferent attitude of the authorities, CPI organised a relay hunger strike at the hospital and demanded that the government taken immediate steps to improve the hospital, particularly the children's wing.
They also wanted the government to provide separate budgetary allocation for the children's wing in view of the large number of newborn babies being brought to the hospital daily.
Incidentally, none of the parents of the infants who died on Friday raised their voice in complaint and left the place with grief. Hospital superintendent J Veeraswamy ruled out any negligent and said kids were in post-natal intensive care unit
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers