Team Anna move to go political weakened Lokpal cause: Naidu
By PTI - HYDERABAD
11th August 2012 08:18 PM
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu has said that Anna Hazare has "weakened" the cause of Lokpal by announcing his intention to float a political party.
"I feel that Anna has weakened the Lokpal movement, which received overwhelming support from common people. He should not have announced the formation of a political party," Chandrababu told reporters here today.
The TDP has been a strong supporter of Anna and his fight for a stronger Lokpal to rid the country of corruption.
But, Anna team's political ambitions did not go down well with Chandrababu.
"Anna became an icon not only in India, but also abroad by fighting against corruption. Even the 'Time' magazine hailed his anti-corruption struggle and likened it to the freedom struggle led by Mahatma Gandhi. But now, he lost that and left the Lokpal cause weakened," the former Chief Minister observed.
He expressed hope that Yoga guru Baba Ramadev would continue his crusade against corruption and black money in an apolitical fashion.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham