Suresh Babu held in Reddy bail case
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
31st July 2012 09:22 AM
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) sleuths on Monday arrested Karnataka BJP rebel MLA T H Suresh Babu in connection with the cash-for-bail case involving former Karnataka minister and mining baron Gali Janardhana Reddy. They are also searching for Gali Somasekhara Reddy, brother of Janardhana Reddy, in Karnataka.
Following a tip-off, the ACB sleuths descended on the house of a lawyer here on Monday afternoon, where the BJP rebel MLA from Kampli had arrived for a discussion. Sources said Suresh Babu was planning to surrender before the court, when the ACB sleuths took him into their custody. He was taken to the ACB headquarters for interrogation.
Babu and Somasekar Reddy had reportedly offered Rs 100 crore to judges for securing bail to Janardhana Reddy. Sources said Babu and Somasekar Reddy went underground after the ACB officials issued notices to them recently asking them to appear before the agency for enquiry. The duo had filed an anticipatory bail petition with the ACB Court in Hyderabad. But the court adjourned the hearing on the petition till August 1, and directed the ACB officials to file a counter petition.
Meanwhile, suspended Judge T Pattabhirama Rao filed the bail petition for the second time with the ACB court on Monday. Suresh Babu, a relative of former BJP leader B Sriramulu, was issued a show-cause notice by the Karnataka BJP president sometime ago for “anti-party activities”.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students