Gali used mulaqats to plot bail deal: CBI
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
24th July 2012 11:04 AM
Mining baron Gali Janardhan Reddy had utilised the facility of ‘mulaqats’ (meetings with visitors) with his confidants at the Chanchalguda prison in Hyderabad to draw up plans to influence judges to get him bail.
The Anti Corruption Bureau, in its remand case dairy filed in the ACB court, said K Lakshminarasimha Rao, the chief judge of small causes court, had sought from Janardhan Reddy’s relative G Dasaratha Rami Reddy Rs 100 cr to fix the bail deal for the mining baron.
The mining baron’s brother G Somasekar Reddy, relative G Dasaratha Rami Reddy and Kampli MLA TH Suresh Babu entered into a criminal conspiracy with T Pattabhi Rama Rao, first additional special judge for CBI cases, Hyderabad through his son T Ravi Chandra, T Aditya, advocate, TV Chalapathi Rao, retired judge and P Yadagiri, real estate broker, for securing bail to Janardhan Reddy.
Dasaratha Rami Reddy confessed that his daughter was married to Dr G Girish Reddy, nephew of Janardhan Reddy and that his family members regularly visited the houses of Janardhan Reddy and Somasekar Reddy.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- Organ transplant: Online network to connect donor, recipient
- 10 things to know for the French Open
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?