Supplementary chargesheet filed against Jagan by CBI
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
04th July 2012 07:59 AM
The CBI on Tuesday filed a supplementary chargesheet in the disproportionate assets case of Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, which is supplementary to first chargesheet which was filed on March 31.
The investigating agency has so far filed three chargesheets in the case and Jagan Mohan Reddy, his financial advisor V Vijay Sai Reddy and the companies of the MP were named accused in the three documents.
In its fresh chargesheet filed before the principal special court for CBI cases, the agency slapped Section 9 (taking bribe for exercising influence on public servant) of the PC Act against Jagan.
The CBI has alleged that Jagan influenced several public servants with the help of his father and former chief minister late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, to ensure favours for certain people and received bribes in the form of investments into the Publications.
CBI sources said the fresh chargesheet mentioned the evidence to prove that Rs 35 crore was invested by a couple of pharma companies including Hetero Drugs in Jagathi Publications. “It was nothing but bribe money paid in return for the benefits doled out by late Rajasekhara Reddy,'' the chargesheet said.
The chargesheet also speaks about over-valuation of Jagathi Publications by auditors at the behest of Jagan and Vijay Sai Reddy.
The fresh witnesses named by the CBI include Harish C Kamarthy, one of the founder directors of Jagathi Publications, and Prabhakaran, director of Jagadisan and Company, an auditing firm at Chennai.
Jagadisan and Co had valued Jagathi at Rs 136 crore when it was part of Carmel Asia in 2006. However, after Jagathi became a separate entity 18 months later, the same auditing company valued Jagathi’s worth at more than Rs 3,000 crore, the fresh chargesheet said.
Prabhakaran was examined as a witness and his statement was incorporated in the supplementary chargesheet. He told CBI that the valuation of Jagathi Publication was done at the behest of Jagan and Vijay Sai Reddy.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs