Telangana decision as early as possible but no time limit: Centre
By PTI - NEW DELHI
29th June 2012 08:10 PM
The Centre today said it was keen to take a final decision on Telangana statehood issue as early as possible but refused to give any time limit for it.
Home Minister P Chidambaram said all concerned parties have requested the government to take a final decision on the demand for a separate Telangana as early as possible.
"I have assured them that our government is keen to take an early decision as early as possible," he said at a press conference here.
Asked when such a decision is expected from the government, Chidambaram said "I cannot give you a time limit".
BJP, TRS, CPI, CPI-M have already taken a stand on the Telangana issue but four other political parties -- Congress, TDP, MIM and YSR Congress -- are yet to make up their mind about their stand on Telangana.
Earlier, Chidambaram had said the central government was ready to call a meeting of eight political parties once it gets the signal of the remaining four political parties.
Two earlier meetings of the political parties on Telangana issue were held on January 5, 2010 and January 6, 2011.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' (Hindi)