Bhumana shifted to hospital, discharged
By Express News Service - TIRUPATI
29th June 2012 10:34 AM
Tirupati MLA Bhumana Karunakar Reddy has been discharged from the Ruia hospital in Tirupati on Thursday after the doctors declared him stable. He was forcefully shifted to the hospital for treatment following deterioration of his health during the hunger strike on the intervening night of June 27 and 28.
Karunakar Reddy was on hunger strike for the last four days, demanding the government declare the temple town of Tirupati a liquor free zone to protect the sanctity of the town. The newly elected YSR Congress MLA had launched the hunger fast on last Sunday. As the health of Karunkar Reddy deteriorated, the police chose to shift him to the hospital at midnight after many party activists left the place.
Though a few leaders and activists were present, the police shifted Karunakar Reddy to the hospital without much opposition.
Later, the YSRC activists staged a protest at Ruia hospital and also at Purnamkumbam stating that the police acted undemocratically by shifting their leader to hospital though he was peacefully protesting for a good cause.
Several YSRC leaders including YV Subba Reddy, Railway Kodur MLA K Srinivasulu and Roka met Karunakar Reddy in the hospital throughout the day. The hospital authorities discharged him from hospital at 5.45 p.m stating that his health was stable.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online