ED records statements of 3 accused in OMC case under PMLA
By PTI - HYDERABAD
24th June 2012 09:28 PM
Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials today recorded the statements of three accused, including suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi, in connection with Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
Armed with permission from a CBI court, a four-member ED team went to Chanchalguda jail here and questioned them before recording their statements under the PMLA, jail sources said.
The ED personnel recorded the statements of Srilakshmi, OMC's Managing Director B V Srinivas Reddy and former mining director of Andhra Pradesh government V D Rajagopal on the basis of chargesheets filed by the CBI.
The ED had served summons on nine accused allegedly involved in OMC's case as also that of Emaar scam and assets case against YSR Congress president Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy to record their statements under PMLA.
The ED officials are likely to record statements of the accused in Jagan's asset case tomorrow.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online