Suicide pact: Boy dies, girl survives
By Express News Service - ADILABAD
24th June 2012 11:23 AM
A lover couple, M Sai Kumar (20) and Soumya (16), attempted suicide by throwing themselves in front of Hyderabad-Ajmer Express near Vulang railway bridge on the outskirts of Nizamabad on Saturday night.
Saikumar died on the spot while Soumya is undergoing treatment in Nizamabad government hospital. Doctors said that she is out of danger.
The duo decided to end their life as elders were refusing to get them married.
According to Nizamabad police, the duo, both natives of Limbathanda village in Kuntala mandal in Adilabad district, have been in love for the last one year.
Both had been pursuing education in Nirmal. Saikumar was studying degree second year at Kaveri Vasavi Degree College while Soumya is doing Inter in Diksha Junior College. She joined the college, a couple of day ago.
On Saturday morning, Sai went to Soumya's college and asked the teachers to send Soumya with him for purchasing some stationery.
When they refused, he waited at the place till night. Then Soumya escaped from the college and the duo decided to end their lives.
Soumya's parents, Dasarath and Kalavathi, blamed the college management for the plight of their daughter.
Railway police registered a case and began inquiry.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion