PSLV C-20 launch today
By Express News Service - NELLORE
25th February 2013 10:30 AM
Indian Space Research Organisation chairman K Radhakrishnan reached Sriharikota in Nellore district on Sunday to inspect the arrangements for the launch of PSLV C-20 rocket from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre at SHAR on Monday.
The 59-hour countdown for the launch of the rocket, which will place seven satellites into orbit, from the First Launch Pad (FLP) began on Saturday and will end at 5.56 pm on Monday. The Isro chief held a confidential meeting with ISRO and foreign scientists in the evening.
The four-stage rocket will use solid and liquid propulsion systems alternately. The first and third stages will have solid fuel and the second and fourth will have liquid fuel.
Scientists will check the launch vehicle’s navigation system on Monday morning and monitor the climatic conditions prevailing in the space up to a height of 25 km from the earth with the help of balloons.
Isro chief seeks divine blessings
With only a few hours left for the launch of the Indo-French satellite, SARAL, and six other mini and micro satellites aboard the PSLV C-20, its chairman K Radhakrishnan worshipped Sri Venkateswara at the temple on Tirumala on Sunday morning and sought divine blessings for the success of Isro’s 101st mission.
Speaking to reporters later, Radhakrishnan said work on GSLV D5, scheduled to be launched in May this year, was in progress.
Earlier, he had the darshan of Vayulingeswara Swamy at a temple in Srikalahasti, about 40 km from here.
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks