Court refuses bail to Asaduddin Owaisi
By IANS - HYDERABAD
22nd January 2013 04:13 PM
An Andhra Pradesh court Tuesday dismissed the bail petition of MIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi in a seven-year-old case.
A local court in Sangareddy town in Medak district near Hyderabad dismissed the bail plea of the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) president, who was Monday sent to judicial custody till Feb 2.
Owaisi had Monday appeared before the court, seeking recall of a non-bailable warrant pending against him in connection with a case booked against him in 2005.
The court, however, dismissed his plea and sent him to judicial custody for two weeks. The MP was later shifted to a jail in Sangareddy.
Asaduddin Owaisi and other MIM leaders were booked by the police when they tried to prevent the officials from demolishing a place of worship for road expansion at Mutangi village in the same district.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15