Court refuses bail to Asaduddin Owaisi
By IANS - HYDERABAD
22nd January 2013 04:13 PM
An Andhra Pradesh court Tuesday dismissed the bail petition of MIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi in a seven-year-old case.
A local court in Sangareddy town in Medak district near Hyderabad dismissed the bail plea of the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) president, who was Monday sent to judicial custody till Feb 2.
Owaisi had Monday appeared before the court, seeking recall of a non-bailable warrant pending against him in connection with a case booked against him in 2005.
The court, however, dismissed his plea and sent him to judicial custody for two weeks. The MP was later shifted to a jail in Sangareddy.
Asaduddin Owaisi and other MIM leaders were booked by the police when they tried to prevent the officials from demolishing a place of worship for road expansion at Mutangi village in the same district.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Key relationships
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Bangalore crush Chennai in 8-over match, keep semi hopes alive