Chandrababu Naidu breaks YSR’s record
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
04th January 2013 08:40 AM
Telugu Desam cadre cheered as their chief N Chandrababu Naidu created a new record by reaching the 1,500-km milestone in his Vastuna Meekosam walkathon, breaking the record of former chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
When the 62-year-old leader of the opposition reached Vallarguda in Sangem mandal in Warangal district on the sixth day of his padayatra in the district, he crossed the 1,500-km milestone. Rajasekhara Reddy, who undertook Praja Prasthanam padayatra in the summer of 2003 as the then leader of the opposition, covered 1,468.8 km distance in some of the backward areas of the 33 Assembly constituencies. Naidu has so far toured 40 constituencies in Rayalaseema and Telangana regions.
The TDP chief will be reaching another milestone on January 9 when he finishes hundred days of his padayatra. The party is planning for a big meeting to mark the occasion. Leaders of all the frontal organisations of TDP will take part in it. Naidu, who addressed roadside gatherings at various places along the 16-km route from Girnibhavi to Timmapur covering Dasru Naik Thanda, Vallarguda, Chintalpalle, Sangem, lambasted the Kiran Kumar Reddy government, describing it as most inefficient.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS