Airport fire: Axe falls on Secretary
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
20th December 2012 11:04 AM
Alleged differences between investment and infrastructure minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao and senior IAS officer Sunil Sharma, his secretary, has led to Sharma being shunted out.
Also, the corridors of power are abuzz with the speculation that Sharma has been shifted following the major fire at the Begumpet airport which destroyed the government helicopter and six planes. Srinivasa Rao also holds the airports and seaports portfolio.
The state government on Wednesday shifted Sharma from the post of secretary in the department of investment and infrastructure and posted him as commissioner of civil supplies. No officer has been posted in Sharma’s place now.
The Government also transferred another IAS officer, Harpreet Singh, who was commissioner of civil supplies, and posted him as special commissioner of commercial taxes.
Sharma was posted as secretary, investment and infrastructure, only in May this year and his transfer has raised many an eyebrow in the IAS fraternity. According to sources, minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao is unhappy with him allegedly for being slow in clearing files and delaying matters.
Interestingly, chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, who is touring Visakhapatnam, was all praise for Srinivasa Rao for his efforts to develop infrastructure in the state.
During the chief minister’s two-day tour of Visakhapatnam, Ganta had discussions with him which has now ended up in Sharma’s transfer.
Repeated attempts by this correspondent to reach Sharma have proved futile.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Key relationships
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner