Kadapa MP to be produced in court today
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
05th December 2012 11:00 AM
After more than two months, Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy would be venturing out of the Chanchalguda central prison, albeit for a few hours on Wednesday.
He has to be physically presented in the First Additional Special Court for CBI Cases judge A Pullaiah, who is incharge judge, as his newly-setup court hall in the 13th floor of Gagan Vihar opposite Gandhi Bhavan in Nampally has no video-conference facility. The regular court which deals with Jagan’s case, the Special Court for CBI Cases, has a video-conference facility and as such he was not physically brought to the court for hearing earlier. The Special Court Judge, U Durgaprasada Rao has gone on leave. Jagan is likely to be brought to the court by 10.30 a.m. Security would be intensified in the area and traffic regulated on the route.
Former minister Mopidevi Venkataramana Rao, KV Brahmananda Reddy and others would also be produced before the court on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, minister Dharmana Prasada Rao and suspended senior IAS officer Y Srilakshmi (accused in Jagan assets and OMC cases) would also be appearing personally after being asked by the court. Srilakshmi is at present out of prison on health grounds.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out