Blame game on sub-plan voting on
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
04th December 2012 11:30 AM
Following the embarrassment it faced in the Assembly during voting on the SC, ST sub-plan bill on Sunday, the state government has started probing the causes for the “45-minute unprecedented pandemonium in the Assembly” after the voting on amendments to the bill.
While chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy squarely blamed the speaker’s office for the confusion, the speaker’s office has passed the buck to the law department for not informing them about the Supreme Court’s verdict on categorisation of SCs and STs.
The law department is, in turn, blaming the social welfare department for not circulating to it the SC/ST sub-plan draft bill before introducing it in the Assembly.
The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) suddenly came up with the demand for division on an amendment to the bill that the funds be allotted to the SCs on the basis of their sub-castes and Assembly speaker Nadendla Manohar allowed the division which put the ruling party in a tight spot in the House.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days