Watery grave for five picnickers
By Express News Service - VISAKHAPATNAM / VIZIANAGARAM
03rd December 2012 11:00 AM
The ongoing Karthika Maasam picnics have proved fatal for five persons. While two youths, including a techie met with watery grave at Wadapalam Beach in Visakhapatnam district, three children drowned in Nagavali river near Thotapalli barrage in Vizianagaram district.
M Venkatesh (24), a software engineer, went on a picnic with his friends to Wadapalam Beach. Notwithstanding the warnings of the visitors, Venkatesh with his friend Srinivasa Rao went for a swim but were carried away by strong tides.
In another incident, three youths drowned in Nagavali river at Thotapalli Barrage of Garugubilli mandal. The victims, all natives of Parvathipuram, went to the river bank for a picnic. The trio went for a swim and got stuck in quicksand.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection