Government mulling BC, Minority sub-plan
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
03rd December 2012 11:02 AM
Chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday said that the state government would consider introducing BC and Minority sub-plan.
Replying to the two-day debate on SC and ST Subplan Bill in the Assembly, he said the funds to be allocated under the SC and ST Subplan in the state budget were in addition to the Central funds to be received under Direct Fund Transfer (DTF).Under it, the state would receive Rs 8,154 crore for National Rural Health Mission, NREGS and Rs 1,055 for 6,000 model schools.
He said he cleared old dues to the tune of Rs 5,279 cr for scholarships to BCs.He said the plan budget during the TDP rule in 2003-04 was Rs 10,970 cr and the average spending under SC and ST Sub-plan by the TDP in its nine-year rule was 3.32 pc for SCs and 2.23 pc for SCs. Whereas the plan budget this year was Rs 48,934 cr and the average spending between 2004-2011 Congress rule was 10.3 pc for SCs and 5.97 pc for STs. He said the rice supplied to hostels, now charged `4 per kg, would be reduced to Rs 1 a kg.
Vijayamma Raises Objection
Finding fault with the Congress and TDP for ‘unnecessarily’ taking the name of YS Rajasekhara Reddy in the debate, YSRC leader YS Vijayamma said a dead person could not defend himself and they should not take the name of YSR.
“If the government had any doubts on the decisions of the YSR government, it could order a probe by a sitting judge of the Supreme Court,” she said.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15