Sharmila takes on KCR on Telangana turf
By Express News Service - GADWAL
28th November 2012 09:06 AM
Taking on TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on his home turf, YSR Congress leader Sharmila said the TRS was levelling baseless allegations against the late YSR and his family members and spreading falsehood for its survival.
“The KCR propaganda that YSR had no love for people of Telangana lacks credibility as it is a well-established fact that YSR had launched the majority of his welfare schemes from Telangana while KCR has always been busy using his party for political and personal gains,” Sharmila told a big gathering here on Tuesday.
“He has been levelling false charges against YSR, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and on me and we can call his bluff at any time,” she said adding that people of Telangana have benefitted most from the welfare schemes of YSR.
It was YSR’s commitment for the development of Telangana that reflected in his efforts to give shape to the Pranahitha-Chevella project which will irrigate 16 lakh acres in seven districts of the region. The project was dubbed as impossible and very difficult by many chief ministers but it was YSR who materialised it, she said.
While N Chandrababu Naidu had allocated just Rs 700 crores for irrigation, YSR gave the nod for a whopping Rs 25,000 crores for irrigation and the subsequent Congress government had earmarked just Rs 7,000 crores which shows who is on the farmers’ side, she said.
Infusing local flavour, she said: “The scope of Nettampadu project was widened from 25,000 acres in TDP rule to 2 lakh acres by YSR and he had completed 75 per cent of the work. The state government could not complete the remaining 25 percent work.”
The Jurala project which quenches the thirst of 120 villages was allocated Rs 100 crores by YSR. But the state government now has no concern for the people and the elected representative here (minister DK Aruna represents the segment) has no time to address people’s issues as she is busy retaining her post, Sharmila said.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today