Long-range missile testing centre near Machilipatnam
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
25th November 2012 11:04 AM
The Defence Research and Development Organisat ion (DRDO) is planning to set up a long-range missile testing centre on the east coast at Machilipatnam in Krishna district.
DRDO director-general VK Saraswat has said that his organisation has resolved the issue with the ministry of petroleum as the area where the facility is likely to come up falls in Krishna-Godavari Basin.
According to the DRDO chief, the facility needs around 260 acres which has been identified.
“It will take three years to set up the centre after taking the land. The total investment will be Rs 1,000 crore.”
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair