Danam launches blistering attack on Deo
By JR Prasad - HYDERABAD
22nd November 2012 10:30 AM
Union minister for tribal affairs Kishore Chandra Deo’s letter to the Congress high command seems to have not only helped chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and PCC chief Botcha Satyanarayana bury the hatchet but also made the two warring groups to launch a joint verbal attack on the Union minister.
Close on the heels of ministers Ganta Srinivasa Rao and Satrucherla Vijayarama Raju, close aides of the PCC chief, who launched a scathing attack on Deo on Tuesday, Kiran Reddy’s confidant and minister Danam Nagender fired salvos at the Union minister on Wednesday.
Talking to reporters here on Wednesday, Nagender heaped choicest abuses on Kishore Chandra Deo.
“As a Union minister Kirshore Chandra Deo did nothing to the state.
He has been confining himself to Delhi and not available to people of his constituency.
It is not fair for him to criticise the CM and the PCC chief who are putting in all efforts to strengthen the Congress,” he said.
Danam alleged that some senior leaders in the state Congress, including Kishore Chandra Deo, were eyeing the posts of the chief minister and the PCC chief in the run-up to 2014 polls.
“But these leaders do not know the fact that these two key posts are like crowns of thorns,” he said.
Meanwhile, supporters of minister Vijayarama Raju burnt Kishore Chandra Deo in effigy at Parvathipuram in Vizianagaram district on Wednesday. Later, they demand an unconditional apology from the Union minister for writing the letter to the party high command.
Ministers TG Venkatesh and S Sailajanath called on the PCC chief at Gandhi Bhavan here and extended their support to Botcha.
When asked about the support he has been receiving from his cabinet colleagues over Deo’s letter, the PCC chief said, “They are defending not their colleague in the cabinet, but they are supporting the PCC chief. But I don’t want to make further comments on Deo’s letter.” Union minister Kishore Chandra Deo might have denied that he had written a letter against the CM and the PCC chief to the Congress high command.
But the stepping up of verbal attack by supporters of CM and Botcha against Kishore gives credence to the belief that Kishore Deo wrote a letter
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot fixing: Subramanian Swamy
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs