‘Naidu should press Centre for meet on Telangana’
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
21st November 2012 12:05 PM
TRS leader and MLA T Harish Rao has demanded that TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu in the capacity of the opposition leader should demand that the Centre should convene an all-party meeting to create a Telangana state.
Naidu should declare that he is positive on the bifurcation.
Addressing a press conference at Telangana Bhavan here on Tuesday, Rao seriously reacted to the charges levelled by Chandrababu Naidu that the TRS neglected people’s issues in the region.
The TRS has been agitating on power, irrigation and several other people’s problems even while continuing its Telangana agitation, he said.
Naidu did not care for values and commitment and that was why people of Telangana were not ready to recognise his ongoing padayatra, Harish Rao said.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks