Thousands take holy dip
By Express News Service - TIRUPATI
19th November 2012 11:00 AM
Thousands of pilgrims took holy dip in the Padma Pushkarini, the temple tank of Goddess Padmavati, on the occasion of Panchami Theertham, the most important festival of annual Karthika Brahmotsavams at Tiruchanur, on Sunday.
Panchami Theertham marks the birth of Goddess Padmavati in a golden lotus in Padma Sarovaram on Sukla Panchami in Karthika month.
Snapana Tirumanjanam, holy bath with milk, honey, turmeric, coconut water etc, to Sudarshana Chakrattalvar and the processional deity of Goddess Padmavathi were performed in a colourful manner at the specially decorated mandapam in Padma Pushkarini.
Priests adorned the deity with garlands of cardamom, Kuruveru and American raspberry and cherry fruits.
Sudarshana Chakram was later taken into the Pushkarini for a holy dip.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- DRDO chief expresses concern over FDI
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner