End comments issue: Kodanda
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
17th November 2012 12:15 PM
Telangana JAC chairman Prof M Kodandaram on Friday regretted his comments on industries minister J Geeta Reddy and urged the Dalit community to close the issue once and for all.
Earlier in the day, Telugu Desam Telangana Dalit leader Motkupalli Narasimhulu defended Reddy and said that mere expression of apology would not suffice. “Kodadaram should go to Telangana martyrs column at Gunpark and offer penance for what he had said,” he said.
Admitting that certain words with the potential of hurting sentiments of a community had slipped out of his mouth while he was addressing a meeting in Medak, he said, “I felt very bad afterwards and sought an apology from Geeta Reddy and the dalit community,” reiterating that he had no intention of hurting anyone.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Shun hatred to live with peace