Naidu to pick LS poll candidates
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
17th November 2012 12:06 PM
Telugu Desam chief N Chandrababu Naidu has more or less decided to finalise the list of candidates for the Lok Sabha elections in 2014, now itself.
Party leader Dadi Veerabhadra Rao said Naidu is of the view that the lower house should have leaders of experience and therefore he was taking a fresh look at those who have considerable experience and at the same time who could enhance the image of the party in Parliament.
The party’s wide-ranging meeting to be held at Veerlapalli in Chevella in Ranga Reddy district on Saturday would discuss the proposal. The first day’s session of the two-day meeting will be held at Sherilingampally where Chandrababu Naidu will be camping during his padayatra. The second day’s session would be held at NTR Trust Bhavan in Hyderabad.
The kind of relief extended by the government to the recent cyclone victims will be among the issues that would be taken up for discussion, Veerabhadra Rao said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links