Jagan is a friend, Kiran Reddy was: Asaduddin
By P Hareesh | ENS - HYDERABAD
13th November 2012 08:59 AM
MIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi might have fired political salvos at N Kiran Kumar Reddy, but says he is with the chief minister when it comes to law and order issue.
On a day when he announced his decision to part ways with the Congress, Asaduddin Owaisi admitted that YSRCP president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is his friend but maintained that Kiran Kumar Reddy `was’ his friend. Owaisi spoke to Express about his party’s future plans.
Q How did you feel snapping ties with Congress?
A) It is indeed a hard decision. We (Cong and MIM) faced formidable opponents and even managed to keep Naidu out of power.
Q Is your party leaning towards YSRCP? You say Jagan Mohan Reddy is your friend.
A Jagan Mohan Reddy is a friend of mine. In politics the term ‘friend’ is subjective. TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao is also a good friend of mine. He is a good leader. But Kiran Kumar Reddy `was’ a friend of mine. I can’t tell you now whether I’ll go with X or Y. It is too early to take a decision. Let elections come, then we will decide.
Q Will you support a no-confidence motion against the government?
A That we will decide when the time comes. If anyone moves such a motion, we will decide and we will come back to you. I can’t run away from you (media).
Q Will you support the government if the Congress effects a change of guard? Is the Congress high command in touch with you after your decision to break away?
A Changing the CM is the prerogative of the Congress party. It is their internal issue. I can’t comment on that. On the issue of Congress leaders talking with us, we took a decision and we would abide by it.
Q Will the snapping of ties with the government have a bearing on the law and order situation?
A No. When it comes to maintaining law and order I am ‘with’ Kiran Kumar Reddy. No political party can compromise on law and order situation. We will cooperate with the state government in maintaining peace.
Q How do you react to the ‘Maha Harathi’ planned at the Bhagyalaxmi temple?
A It is for the police to take necessary action. Section 144 is in force in the city and they have to implement it.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS