Marri meets Sonia
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
06th November 2012 11:38 AM
Senior Congress legislator Marri Sashidhar Reddy held a one-on-one meeting with party supremo Sonia Gandhi in Delhi on Monday.
The sudden meeting, which lasted more than half an hour, fuelled speculation over the possibility of major changes in the state Congress and also over establishment of regional development council for Telangana. In case a regional council for development of the region is to be set up, the party may consider the names of Sashidhar Reddy, D Srinivas and K Jana Reddy for the chairman’s post.
Some say Sashidhar, as vice-chairman of the National Disaster Management Authority, met Sonia to brief her on the cyclone damage in the state.
Ministers J Geeta Reddy, Galla Aruna Kumari and B Saraiah also met the AICC president while former PCC chief D Srinivas met AICC general secretary Ghulam Nabi Azad in the day.
The day also saw as many as 21 MLAs loyal to chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, under the leadership of K Lakshma Reddy and T Jayaprakash Reddy, met AICC emissary Vayalar Ravi. Later, they met the party chief and submitted a memorandum to her on the welfare measures being implemented by the Kiran Kumar government.
Meanwhile, AICC spokesperson Renuka Chowdary said Kiran Kumar Reddy had the full support of the high command.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair