The big fat wedding of Botcha Satyanarayana's daughter
By Express News Service - VISAKHAPATNAM/VIZIANAGARAM
03rd November 2012 09:23 AM
Governors of three states, the chief minister and about 70 percent of the state cabinet, people’s representatives and scores of leaders and activists from all political parties thronged the wedding of Satyasree Anusha, daughter of PCC chief Botcha Satyanarayana at Pradeep Nagar in Vizianagaram on Friday.
All roads leading to the venue on NH- 43 were jammed for hours together. Even some ministers found it very difficult to reach the venue.
Adding to the chaos was key functionaries in the government, industrialists and film actors arrived at the venue in luxury cars.
Andhra Pradesh governor ESL Narasimhan, Tamil Nadu governor K Rosaiah, Karnataka governor HR Bharadwaj and chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy were among the scores of VVIPs who arrived at the Visakhapatnam airport since morning.
Though Congress leaders and fans organised a grand welcome for Union tourism minister K Chiranjeevi, it was turned into a low-key affair following the sudden demise of TDP politburo member K Yerran Naidu in a road accident.
However, Chiranjeevi announced sanction of Rs 50 crore for the development of tourism in the City of Destiny, Visakhapatnam.
With most of the hotels, guesthouses and lodges booked for the marriage, tourists who arrived in Visakhapatnam city without prior reservation had difficulty in getting accommodation.
Despite rain playing a spoilsport, over one lakh guests, including VVIPs and their staff, attended the marriage. The sprawling 30-acre venue was filled with guests
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Lingerie mannequins face moral police wrath
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Super Kings hope to ride Mumbai's hit wave
- 6,000 ducks die of plague in Thrissur
- India, China focus on civil nuke cooperation
- IPL spot-fixing: Cops probing Bollywood, Tollywood links
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Rs 20 Lakhs seized from Ajit Chandila's cricket kit
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Indian university lecturer arrested in UAE