Botcha rubbishes Sharmila’s remark
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
21st October 2012 11:59 AM
Continuing his tirade against YSR Congress Party leader Sharmila, PCC chief Botcha Satyanarayana on Saturday rubbished her remarks that corruption in the state reached its peak only after Congress coming to power.
“Though I condemn her statement, I believe Sharmila might have come to this conclusion because of her own experience. As her brother YS Jagan Mohan Reddy amassed wealth by resorting to corrupt practices, Rajasekhara Reddy’s daughter might be thinking like this,” the PCC chief wondered.
The PCC president visited the Congress Legislature Party office here on Saturday to invite some of his colleagues to his daughter’s wedding which is slated for November 2.
When scribes sought the reaction of Botcha to the padayatra of Sharmila, the PCC chief took strong exception to the claim of the YSRCP leader that the Congress regime had become synonymous with corruption and asked Sharmila to elaborate on her charges.
Since Jagan Reddy had looted public money, Sharmila was of the opinion that Congress encourages corruption. But her belief was absolutely wrong, he said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection