I am not hungry for Power: Chandrababu Naidu
By Express News Service - KURNOOL
16th October 2012 09:03 AM
Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu assured farmers of providing sustained assistance to bail them out of losses if his party was voted to power in 2014 elections.
He promised to waive their loans provide adequate water for irrigation through the high-level canal (HLC) of Tungabhadra.
On the 15th day of his yatra, Naidu said that drought conditions were prevailing in Kurnool district constantly. "This is pushing farmers into more debts," he said.
Naidu underlined the importance of linking up agriculture with the NREGS. This will help the farming sector, he said.
He said he would give priority to supply of adequate drinking and irrigation water. In what seemed to be a response to TRS leader Etela Rajender's remarks on Sunday that the TDP chief and late chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy's daughter Sharmila were hungry for power, Naidu said that he had taken up the padayatra to personally know about people's problems. "I am not hungry for power," he said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix