Indian triple jumper Renjith crashes out
By IANS - LONDON
07th August 2012 04:41 PM
India's triple jumper Renjith Maheshwary crashed out of the London
Olympics, failing to qualify for the finals with a 'No Mark' at the Olympic
Stadium here Tuesday.
Renjith, India's sole male representative in the event, was shown the red flag in all three of his attempts as he each time over-stepped his take-off.
The Indian was the only contestant in the event not to register a jump.
Renjeth, thereby, failed to make even a single mark and finished last in the event.
Benjamin Compaore of France topped the qualification list with a jump of 17.06 metres.
Mayookha Johny, India's sole woman triple jumper, too failed to qualify for the finals Friday. She finished a dismal 22nd overall with a best effort of 13.77 metres, which she got in her first attempt.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' (Hindi)