Paes-Sania's quarterfinal match stopped
By AP - LONDON
04th August 2012 12:05 PM
India's mixed doubles pair of Leander Paes and Sania Mirza were down 5-7, 2-3 against the top seeded Belarusian pair of Victoria Azarenka and Max Mirnyi when bad light and rain stopped their quarterfinal match of the 2012 London Games tennis event at the Wimbledon here Friday.
The match will resume Saturday.
Paes, 1996 singles bronze medallist, and Sania are now India's only medal hope from Olympic tennis. India's campaign in men's singles and doubles and women's doubles is over.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Key relationships
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Kept on Congress fringe, says Mani Shankar Aiyer
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out