Tennis: Djokovic beats Roddick in second round
By Associated Press - WIMBLEDON (England)
31st July 2012 09:35 PM
Novak Djokovic beat Andy Roddick 6-2, 6-1 in the second round of the Olympics at Wimbledon on Tuesday.
The second-ranked Serb had little trouble against the hard-serving American and finished with 34 winners to Roddick's 12.
Djokovic, a bronze medalist in the singles in 2008, raised his arms and smiled broadly after the match. Roddick, a three-time Wimbledon finalist, quickly left Centre Court, his head bowed.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Dravid to retire from IPL?