We brought out our best game: Paes
By IANS - NEW YORK
08th September 2012 06:43 PM
India's tennis star Leander Paes said that he and his Czech partner brought their 'A' game against the Bryan brothers in the US Open men's doubles final Friday night but it still wasn't enough.
Paes and Stepanek, seeded fifth, went down 3-6 4-6 to the second seeded American twins Mike and Bob in the title clash.
It was sweet revenge by the Bryan brothers for their loss to Paes-Stepanek in the finals of the Australian Open earlier this year. It was the Bryan brothers fourth US Open title having won it in 2005, 2008 and 2010.
Paes was equally complimentary of both his partners and his opponent.
"Even though we got beaten today by one of the greatest teams of all time, my team and Radek's team came out and brought everything they had to this tournament. I can guarantee you we will be giving it everything we have every single day for the rest of the year." he said.
Stepanek said the Americans started off well.
"I think they started really well," Stepanek said. "They were all over our serve from the beginning and making life very difficult for us out there. They were the better team today, so they deserve the win."
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion