Indian Bank fall to guile of Rahil Shah
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
03rd August 2012 09:18 AM
Left-arm spinner Rahil S Shah’s dream spell off 7 for 33 enabled Grand Slam to skittle out Indian Bank for a paltry 79 on the first day of the sixth round of the Senior Division League of the TNCA at Vivekananda College grounds. In reply, Grand Slam were placed at 122 for 2 at stumps.
Brief scores: At CPT–IP: India Pistons CC 279-7 in 90 overs (SS Pon Xavier 38, R Srinivasan 108, S Avaikkarasan 42, Rohit 4-50, Kedarnath 3-84) vs Aruna CC. At SRMC: Young Stars CC 253-7 in 90 overs (T Dushyanth 62,Wilkins Victor 63, Chandran 3-72) vs Globe Trotters SC. At Murugappa: TI Cycles S & RC 251-4 in 90 overs (Athiraj Shandilya 149 no, N Raghavendran 40, Vignesh 2-74, Sivakumar 2-33) vs UFCC (T Nagar) CC. At IIT–Chemplast: Jolly Rovers CC 215 in 73 overs (Anand Subramanian 66, Ashwin Venkataraman 37, R Nilesh Subramanian 32, Balaji 4-59, P Sakthi 3-34) vs Alwarpet 8-2 in 14 overs. At IC–Guru Nanak: IOB Staff Club 219-6 in 86 overs (LN Prasad Reddy 60, Robert Fernandez 82, Aushik Srinivas 3-56, Amarnath 2-34) vs Vijay CC.
At RKM Vivekananda: Indian Bank S & RC 79 in 47.3 overs (Rahil Shah 7-33, Raghav 3-33) vs Grand Slam CC 122/2 in 48 overs (Vijay Shankar 61 no, L Suryapprakash 38).
The Balaram Thiyagarajan Schools table tennis tourney, sponsored by Dr Indira Biswakumar Memorial Charitable Trust, will take place at the SBOA-Medimix TT Hall on August 4 and 5.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 'Early monsoon beneficial for kharif crops'
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha