Sarosh Hataria clinches Formula 4 Title
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
29th July 2012 11:47 AM
Delhi’s Sarosh Hataria stole the limelight with a stupendous performance following a ‘safety car presence on track’ midway the 15-lap race in the newly introduced LGB Formula 4 event in the second round of the 15th JK Tyre-FMSCI National Racing Championship at the Kari Motor Speedway in Coimbatore.
Sarosh (WSRF Tiger Sports), who started fourth on pole and separated by just half a second to pole leader Ashwin Sundar, exhibited his class to push himself on top ahead of Bangalore’s Sudharshan Rao (Rayo Racing) in the penultimate lap to lift the title. Chennai’s S Narendran (WSRF Tiger Sports) finished third.
In the Indian Touring Cars event, Coimbatore’s Arjun Balu, who is recovering from a bout of jaundice, proved his mettle in great measure finishing first, almost six seconds ahead of veterans Radha Selvarajan and V . Rajvirdhan. Results: LGB Formula 4: 1. Sarosh Hataria (WSRF-Tiger Sports - 00:20.05.655 seconds), 2. Sudharshan Rao (Rayo Racing 00: 20.05 .725 sec) and 3.S Narendran (WSRF-Tiger Sports- 00:20.05.951 secs).
Indian Touring Cars: 1. Arjun Balu (Tiger Sports - 00:18.55.036 seconds), 2. Radha Selvarajan (RAD Racing - 00:19.01.065 seconds) and 3. V.Rajvirdhan (Prime Racing - 00:19.07.772 seconds).
Indian Junior Touring Cars: 1. Fahad Kutty (Game Over 00: 20 : 31.248 seconds), 2. S. Feroze Khan (00:20:33.181 sec) and 3. Emmanuel Clarke (00:20.33.401 sec).
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection